It is never too early to prepare in Fantasy Basketball. You can always scout free agents and look for the NBA schedule of the upcoming week and be one step ahead of your opponents. If you are looking for the top waiver wire options at fantasy basketball you’ve come to the right place. In this piece we will provide a list of free-agent players you need to target in Week 5. These suggestions are available in at least 50% of Yahoo fantasy basketball leagues.
- Quinn Cook (21% owned) – Stephen Curry suffered an injury (left groin strain) in the Warriors last game vs Milwaukee Bucks. Meanwhile, Shaun Livingston is also nursing an injury (right foot soreness) and is expected to miss at least 4 more games. That makes Quinn Cook a speculative add for week 5 where the Warriors will play a whopping 5 games and 2 back-to-back sets. He was a top-50 player in 9cat H2H in the last 15 games of the 2017-2018 season when Curry was out.
- Derrick White (26% owned) – Derrick White came back ahead of his schedule and started in the San Antonio Spurs game vs the Miami Heat to play his first game of the regular season. He had an underwhelming performance after playing only 16 minutes. While there is still uncertainty for his ROS value, i’m still adding him in week 5 where he has a chance to redeem himself in 4 games including favorable match-ups against SAC and PHO.
- D.J. Augustin (41% owned) – D.J. Augustin is the starting point guard of the Orlando Magic and he doesn’t really have any competitor. He is averaging 27.1 minutes per game yet he is only currently ranked 126th in 9cat H2H. While his production is inconsistent, the Magic has 4 games in week 5 and D.J. is a nice stream for owners looking for a boost in assists, threes and FT%.
- Terrence Ross (15% owned) – Week 4 was a nice week for Terrence Ross, he averaged 14.8 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.0 steal and 2.3 steals per game while shooting 46.9% FG in that span. The Magic will have 4 games again in week 5 and if Jonathan Isaac (ankle) will continue to be out, more opportunities again for Ross to provide owners with some help in threes and steals.
- E’Twaun Moore (38% owned) – Moore continues to start for the New Orleans Pelicans and plays 30.6 minutes per game. He is also averaging a very modest 13.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 threes while shooting 52.3% FG and 78.9% FT. With 4 games in the upcoming week, Moore is a low end option for owners looking for some points, threes and nice percentages.
Below are some of the other possible free agents to consider in week 5:
With 4 games:
- Kelly Olynyk (25% owned) – out-of-position (assists, 3s and steals)
- Justise Winslow (30% owned)- points, rebounds, assists, 3s (added opportunities if starting and Goran Dragic is out)
- Shelvin Mack (6% owned) – assists and 3s
- Patty Mills (15% owned) – 3s (added opportunities if Rudy Gay is out)
With 3 games:
- Jeremy Lin (6% owned) – points, assists, FT%
- Omari Spellman (7% owned) – points, rebounds, 3s and percentages (added opportunities if starting and if John Collins is still out)
- Zach Collins (34% owned) – rebounds, block, percentages
- P.J. Tucker (36% owned) – 3s, rebounds, steals
- Allonzo Trier (14% owned) – points, 3s
- Damyean Dotson (19% owned) – points, 3s
- Shai-Gilgeous Alexander (23% owned) – (added opportunities if starting and Avery Bradley is out)
- Trey Lyles (13% owned) – points, rebounds
Player to Avoid in Week 5:
- Langston Galloway (4% owned) – He is hot right now but the Detroit Pistons only have 1 game in week 5 so i will look somewhere else for that stream spot.
Stats are based on standard 9cat H2H. Please also take note that I made this article after the 7 game slate of November 9, 2018 NBA Sched.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you have any suggestions and comments, feel free to leave a message and you may follow me on facebook and twitter @fantasybbcrew
Stats source: Basketballmonster.com
Image Source: https://www.nbcsports.com/